Wednesday 18 July 2018

Matt Smith is going to be at London Film and Comic Con 2018!



So, last night I got a massive surprise when I came to check the LFCC forum for any updated information on the event, now imagine my surprise and my delight when I find out that both Tom Baker and Matt Smith would be attending London Film & Comic Con 2018. 

Matt Smith is a name on the top of my list of people to meet, so you can probably understand from my excitment alone that I wanted to try to book a photo with him. And I did. I managed to get a ticket last night and I feel very appricative and glad to be one of the people who will be meeting him and getting a photo with him on the day. 

Given it's not that long since Matt Smith hanged up his travelling shoes and handed in his TARDIS key, I was expecting him to be a very popular guest. Not just with Doctor Who fans but with convention goers alike. Doctor Who is certianly something which has helped Smith in his career and allowed him to progress futher as an actor. He is probably my favourite new series doctor, after Peter Capaldi of course. 

It was also good to know that Smith will be there on the same day that I will, which is the 29th July, that's the Sunday. He'll be joining Christopher Eccelston and Peter Capaldi as part of the line up on that day. I consider myself to be very lucky to be a Doctor Who fan at the moment. This is incredible, that we now have three new series doctors attending the convention this year, along with lots of other movie and televison stars from other things non who related. I would have to say this year's line up of guests has to be LFCC's best yet! This makes me even more excited.

I was also aware that Smith wasn't going to cheap. 

If you want to get an autograph with Matt Smith at London Film Comic Con it will cost you £85, a photo with Smith will cost you £75, a bit cheaper than Eccelston but still, the more popular the guest is, the higher the price is likly to be. That's the way of things. All of my guests I'm meeting this year are all well established and in the public eye at the moment, so my costs were high but will prove to be worth it once I accomplish my task and meet the stars I've always wanted to meet that I either never got a chance to meet until now or missed out on the oppertunities. 

I'm looking forward to asking Matt what does he think of his action figure. 

This is looking to be a jam packed day, I just hope the ques won't be too long, and that I'll be able to get there, and my photos with guests don't clash with eachother, and I'll be able to do everything I want to do at the convention whilst I'm there, but right now I'm very happy and excited!