Sunday 22 July 2018

AQUAMAN - The Movie COMING SOON to UK Cinemas 14th December!




After a bit of a wait, the trailer for the stand alone Aquaman movie was released today starring Jason Mamoa.

The trailer itself looks fantastic, it really hypes up the suspense and captivated the drama and adventure of what the film is going to be about. It's set to be released in December, and as a big Aquaman fan I can't wait to see it.

As a lover of the ocean and top of the class swimmer in my class, I kind of wish I was Aquaman so my interest in this film has gone up massively having watched this trailer.

I think Mamoa looks fantastic as Aquaman and the opposing threat and danger that Aquaman will face in this film is everything that I hoped it would be, which is fantastic.

Like Wonder Woman, I suspect we will get a backstory behind how Arthur Curry becomes Aquaman in order to help us invest in the character, and the enemies and villains will help do that as well, give our hero a good menace to fight against. Orm, Ocean Master played by Patrick Wilson, plays Aquaman's half-brother, and Yahya Adbul Mateen II plays Black Manta, Aquaman's nemesis.

Patrick Wilson as Orm, Ocean Master

Orm, Ocean Master plans to rage a war on the surface world, and the only way to stop him is if Aquaman beats him in a contest for the throne and becomes King of Atlantis. Atlantis of course being, the under sea kingdom where all marine life lives, not just fish but mermaids and mermen as well. 

As well as that we got Black Manta who I am so excited and happy that he is in the movie, there isn't really any other defining villain for Aquaman that I can think of as good as Black Manta, just like Ares is the definitive enemy of Wonder Woman. You had to have him in it, not sure what he's going to do, or how much he's going to be in the film, but I was so excited to see him in the trailer.

A lot of people were moaning about the CGI not being up to spec, well, it is a trailer. A trailer's job is meant to give off a teaser to draw people into coming to see the film, trailer's give you a teaser of what to expect and make you want to come and see the finished film. 

I think the CGI effects looked all right, I loved the cinematic scope of Atlantis, what we saw of it, and the film's not out until December. The post-production crew have a fair bit of time still to polish up the effects and edit the movie so that when it gets released it will be the best it possibly can be.


The Black Manta costume looks glorious.  Having played Injustice 2, I sincerely hope that we get new Aquaman gear and new Black Manta gear so that when this film comes out, we can play Aquaman and Black Manta in their variations from the film. They did it for Wonder Woman and Justice League so I don't see why they shouldn't do it for this film.

The trailer is available to watch now, it says December 21st, but the film will be out in UK cinemas from the 14th December. 

I'm meeting Jason Mamoa next Sunday, and I can't wait to meet him and get a photo with him and express my interest in wanting to see this film.