Thursday 1 June 2017

Top 10 Facts About Me that you may not have known!

Hello.

It's Thursday the 1st of June! Summer is well and truly on its way and where has the time gone?

I thought I'd put another blog post up, just to say hello and hope you're all having a good week, are you looking forward to the weekend and are you doing anything interesting or exciting or are you just having a chill out for two days with the stress-free relief of not having to go to work.

Whatever you're doing, hope it's a good one.

I wanted to do a kind of fun post today, where I reveal a few fun facts about me that you may or may not have already known.

We all have our own quirks and qualities that make us different and unique from everyone else, and like I said in a previous post if every single person in the world was exactly the same as one another the world would be a very boring place to live in. But what makes the world so wonderful is the fact there are lots of different people out there who you know or do not know or do not know yet that have their own stories to tell and that's very exciting.

So, get to know me a bit better by going through my list of Top Ten Facts About Me that you may not have known!

Number 1. I have Aspergers Syndrome.

  • I've had Aspergers since I was five. I was diagnosed at a very young age. It just means that my brain functions in a different way to everyone else who I would classify as being 'normal' people. My brain is wired differently, I process things differently, I see the world in a much more different perspective to the average person. This condition can be a blessing and a curse both at the same time, but it's something that I live with every day, it's a chronic permanent condition which is incurable and it's part of me, it partly defines who I am as a person and if you're my friend I can guarantee you that you're going to have a good time. I will keep you entertained for hours on end.


Number 2. My favourite colours are Purple, Blue and Gold! 

  • Purple for me is one of the greatest things to ever exist in life, not only is a great colour but it's probably my favourite colour. You're probably wondering as to why that is? Well, I don't really know myself, I just love it more than any other colour that there is, I've always defined it as being my colour, the colour that sums be up the best, it has a mixture of the vibrance and authenticity of life I think, it's also bold and eccentric like I am. It sums me up. Blue, well, it's just a boys colour or has always been known for being a boys colour, one of the primary colours, and also has a special connection to me because it is the colour for national autism awareness. Gold! It's sparkly, glamorous and fabulous! 

Number 3. My favourite film is American Gangster
  • Released in 2007, Directed by Ridley Scott. Stars Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe, two excellent actors. I'm a big fan of gangster movies and crime thrillers, I love watching things like The Godfather to Goodfellas or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells to Scarface. I suppose American Gangster is my favourite film because it personifies everything I'd expect a gangster film to be and it tells a great story at a great pace and overall superb film by Ridley Scott. 

Number 4. I like checked shirts
  • I love checked shirts, even more so than any other shirts I own, I wear a lot of checked shirts for comfort or just going about casually. When I'm not in a suit, my most comfortable thing I like to relax in is checked shirt and jeans. Whether it's something to do with the pattern or just the overall design of the thing that appeals to me, I really like to wear them.

Number 5. I am a dedicated follower of fashion!
  • Another fashion one. I know. what am I like? No, I have a very loud, wacky taste in fashion for you would not believe. You'd go "really?" "you actually like that?" and the answer is Yes I do, and I'm not ashamed to wear it. I'd happily go out wearing a suit that I made up, because it's what I like and what I feel comfortable in, It may not match or be the right sort of get up for me, but as long as I have the confidence to go out in public wearing it and showing off my personality in my clothes then that's all that matters. I do it as a means of making people understand me better and kind of get used to me so that they know my personality traits. 

Number 6. I am obsessed with Jenna Coleman 
  • Jenna Coleman is my dream girl. I love her to bits and is in my opinion, my view of a living goddess. I've had the pleasure of meeting Jenna and having a picture taken with her. She's a really nice and friendly person. I've admired her work as an actress from a very young age, and she's an exceptionally talented star growing from strength to strength! 


Number 7. I am not a dog person.
  • Sorry to any dog lovers out there reading this, I do apologise. Yeah, I'm just not keen on dogs. I don't mind some dogs. like my mum's friend used to have a dog and she was nice, she'd often come up to me for a cuddle every now an again. But I'm talking about like the very lively dogs, ones who are too over excited, ones that bark at you or bark a lot or bark at any sudden sound or movement. If it's an old dog or not very lively then I'm fine. But yeah, just in general not too keen on dogs. I don't hate them. I just don't like them very much. 

Number 8. I can eat, pretty much as much sweets or chocolate as you put in front of me. 
  • I don't have an off switch for sugar. You see it on health programmes where they bring the over weight person into a room and on the table is all these nice bowls of sweets and chocolate and I just think to myself, I could eat all of that and still have room for pudding. I have an enormous appetite. I eat a lot. I do like an odd treat now and then, Percy Pigs are my favourite sweets followed by Galaxy chocolate as being the best chocolate brand there is. So yes, I won't say no to a donut or a chocolate bar or a bag of malteasers, whatever it is. Just so long as it's not got coconut in it or any nuts. Nuts are yucky! 

Number 9. I'm basically a big kid.
  • I genuinely believe I still am the child I once was in an adult form. All the things I used to like a child, I still like. I watch all the cartoons from my childhood, I have a very child like sense of humour, I'm quite juvenile and really silly when I want to be. I like to laugh. I'm always up for a laugh or making someone laugh, it's what is the best thing there is the world, being able to make someone laugh. To bring a smile or a giggle to any of my friends and family means everything in the world to me.

Number 10. I can recite the whole of Chicken Run.
  • I do know every word that is said in that film, as well as all the sounds and music which are quite fun to do. Yes, If you told me to recreate or recite the whole of Chicken Run, I could do it for you, because again it relates back to me saying I have Aspergers and how I can remember certain things of interest to me. I can do this with a few films, not just Chicken Run. such as: Spongebob Squarepants Movie, The Road to El Dorado, and The Simpsons Movie. 

So there you go, ten fun facts about me that you may not have known! 

I'll do more if I can think of any, but there you are, there's a little something for you! 

Hope you have a good day and a lovely weekend!  I'll be back with more posts and blogs!