Tuesday 25 October 2016

Mortal Kombat XL: What If? Kombat pack 3










It's something that we Mortal Kombat players all want, a third kombat pack. The first one came out including: Tanya and Tremor from the Mortal Kombat franchise and two celebrity guest fighters Predator and Jason Voorhees. In the second kombat pack, we got the same two characters from the MK franchise which were : Bo'Rai Cho and Triborg and two other celebrity guests Leatherface and Alien. Now there is silence.

In this quick post I'm going to talk you through what I want in a third Mortal Kombat pack if there was to be one, and what characters I would like to play as in the near future.

Sindel


I think it's fair to say that Sindel is a bad ass.

I'd like to play as her because there are simply just not enough girl kombat fighters in this game, the male characters certainly dominate over the choice of female characters we get to play as so even just adding Sindel for the sake of having another female fighter would suit my purposes just fine.

Not just that, she is pure evil and if you fight against her as an invasion boss or in the story, you will know that she has excellent fighting moves and techniques which other female players lack, that is what will make her different from all the others as well as adding value.


Rain


Please NetherRealm studios, give me Rain! You have to add Rain to the game, he is too dam good to deny us loyal fans and gamers the pleasure of using his awesome water abilities which are exclusive by the way, not available as any other character.

Apart from being all mystical and devious, Rain provides some excellent water attack combos and as well as that he is incredibly fast, so his speed will be of an advantage to anyone who plays as him also.

He also adds in terms of numbers of edinians. The only edinians we have in the game so far are Mileena and Tanya, we need more characters from outworld. It doesn't seem fair that we can't play as Rain. If I could swap Tanya for him I would, because I think Rain is much more interesting as a character. If you've played against him in the story mode or as an invasion boss you'll know what I mean in terms of his fighting ability.

And the thing with these characters, Rain, Sindel, Baraka and Corrupted Shinnok, they wouldn't too diffuclt to programme/ code into the game because they are pretty much half way there anyway, they're animated in and so it would be a question of programming them so we can play as them.

Baraka


Baraka as a character is the only Tahlkotton we've been able to play against. He is a vile, menacing character of which would be of great value to the character selection menu. I can think of many interesting attack combos you could use if we could play as him. The spinning thing that he does is awesome and does a sustainable amount of damage.






Corrupted Shinnok


Lots of players want to play as Corrupted Shinnok. And from seeing what he can do, I'm not surprised as to why player would want him.

Apart from looking like that monster from Lord of the Rings that Gandalf fights off on the bridge and shouts "You shall not PASS!" to, Corrupted Shinnok contains some extraordinary dark powers that do a substantial amount of damage and he is incredibly annoying and at times difficult to beat. When you contain all the power of earthrealm you do tend to be quite evil, dark and irritating. I wouldn't want to go up against him as an invasion boss anytime soon.

In all honesty, this is the only character which I'm not too bothered about not being able to play as, give me Rain and Sindel over Corrupted Shinnok. Only because the ability to play as him would take away from the exclusivity of his role in the story and tower challenges. I like the fact that he is this exclusive boss to fight against, and somehow Corrupted Shinnok vs Corrupted Shinnok doesn't do anything for me.

Terminator


Because why not? I think he'd make a good celeberity guest fighter and would have some interesting Brutalities and Fatalities.











Wild Card : Negan

Because when you've got a baseball bat with barbed wire on it, why wouldn't you want to do damage with that? I bet you'd get some interesting combos out of him and some gruesome fatalities and brutalities too.







So that's me done. I've said I would like four characters from the story and two celebrities. What do you think? do you agree with me? what characters do you want to play as, from the story or as celebrity guest?

Let me know by sending in your suggestions.