Sunday 30 October 2016

Doctor Who : The Thirteen Doctor Collection Set - OUT NOW!












Doctor Who : Thirteen Doctors Collection Set - Available Now as an exclusive to Toys R Us. 
£99.99

Hello All.

I'm sure you're all aware that this ginormous pack of a set was released on Friday, manufactured by Underground Toys as a Toys R Us exclusive. It was made clear back in July that this was going to be an exclusive for San Diego Comic-Con, and was released in America over the summer. There was all this speculation going around about "When is this going to be released in the UK?" and now it's finally here for British retailers, it was at a recent toy festival a few days ago and just starting to arrive in the shops at Toys R Us stores worldwide. 

Not available anywhere else apart from Toys R Us, of course, you can find it online if you try eBay or Amazon, but the chances are the price will be ridiculously over priced, that makes the Toys R Us price sound like a god send. I'm slightly annoyed that this isn't a Forbidden Planet exclusive like the Eleven Doctors set was because for me that would make things much more simple. 

Now the chase is on for Doctor Who fans such as myself to get their hands on this marvelous set, and it is a fantastic set. I love it. I love the first doctor in this set from The Web Planet, I love the Third Doctor and the Sixth Doctor, I like the new and improved Fourth Doctor season 18 variant.  There are lots of reasons towards and avoiding getting this set, but it looks cool and I want it, and it's proved to be a competitive set to get. 

I'll just quickly go through the different variations of the figures in this set, they are mostly just repaints no major new figures being released in this set. Like last time, character options / underground toys paid more attention to the classic doctors than the new ones because they are simply just re-releases.

First Doctor - The Web Planet
Second Doctor - The Two Doctors
Third Doctor - The Three Doctors - (it says The Time Monster, but it's actually it's The Three Doctors)
Fourth Doctor - Logopolis
Fifth Doctor - The Awakening
Sixth Doctor - Real Time
Seventh Doctor - Ghost Light
Eighth Doctor - Night of the Doctor
War Doctor - The Day of the Doctor
Ninth Doctor - The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances
Tenth Doctor - The Shakespeare Code
Eleventh Doctor - The Beast Below
Twelfth Doctor - Time Heist

So no new figures in this set, plenty of new interesting new varients, I particularly like the look of the first doctor.

Should I be successful enough to get this set, which I hope I will be, I shall do a review. It's out now in the UK and it is available.  Happy Hunting!