Thursday 9 February 2017

Doctor Who : Tenth Doctor in Tuxedo from Voyage of the Damned - Forbidden Planet Exclusive












Hey there everyone.

So I was quite surprised and pleased to see that this arrived in the post yesterday. I had pre-orderd it at the end of January when it came up on Forbidden Planet's website, and it arrived yesterday and when I opened it I thought "Oh right, it's this" because it was almost like I had forgotten I ordered it. It was quite weird but still, my reaction to this was overall very pleased. This is a figure I have wanted for a very long time. 

The tenth doctor in tuxedo is a collector figure from Forbidden Planet and underground toys. Which is basically an action figure of the tenth doctor in his black tuxedo suit from Rise of the Cybermen/ The Age of Steel, The Lazarus Experiment and The Voyage of the Damned. 

He looks very sleek and cool. Almost like James Bond. This variation I'm not sure if the body copies or borrows from the eleventh doctor figure for the bow tie. It looks like a new sculpt but it could be borrowed from another figure. Standard tenth doctor body, with one noticeable difference and that is articulation in the arms is different. Ball jointed so you can position the Tenth doctors hands in any position, which is great. 

The likeness to David Tennant is excellent. It looks like him, the hair I think is a new sculpt, it's not like the end of time head with sticky out hair, the sculpt of the hair looks different.  

This is a variation I have wanted for ages. The Tenth Doctor is definitely the doctor to have the most toy variants of his costume made for him. Better late than never that we get this. Truely it is a nice variant and stands out as part of the collection.