Monday 10 December 2018

Doctor Who Review: The Finale & Series 11






THE BATTLE OF RANSKOOR AV KOLOS
Written By Chris Chibnall
Directed By Jamie Childs

I would say, without giving too much away that The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos was a pretty decent finale for an otherwise average series in my personal opinion, even though it felt more like a mid-series finale, rather than a big end of a series. But sometimes smaller scale finales are okay. 6/10.

I'd say overall, I haven't enjoyed Series 11 as much as I wanted to, which I think is a real shame, and the second half was stronger than the first half. I just didn't feel as enthused about it, considering that everything was going to be so bold, and new, and edgy and different compared to everything we've experienced in the shows 55-year history. And that for me is a little bit depressing. I wish I could like it more, and I'm very pleased that this era has gained a fan base of some sort. I guess all I can hope for is that I'll enjoy the next series a bit more. And the special on New Year's Day.

One thing I will say is if the production team is going to make us wait until 2020 for another series, I am expecting nothing other than fantastic stories. Otherwise, I'm going to be very annoyed and disappointed.