Thursday 14 December 2017

The Twits


As a special treat, I thought I might upload an audiobook of one of my favourite Roald Dahl stories read by one of my favourite people, Simon Callow.

The Twits is a story of two halves for the first part of the story it introduces us to Mr and Mrs Twit. The Twits are a fowl, ugly, horrible couple who play nasty tricks on each other and for the second half, it's about super glue, birds and, monkeys. That basically sums The Twits up in a nutshell if I were to describe it to anyone. 

It's not a very long story at all, it's a short and simple story which is actually enormous fun, and the story as a story is very funny. 

The twits themselves both come across as very unpleasant people which you like to see unpleasant things happen to them. It's not looked upon as being a highly regarded story by most fans of Dahl's work, but I put The Twits in my top five stories. It's in my opinion, the under dog of Dahl's work which he wrote for children. I've been listening to the audiobook recently and have been thinking, this is actually a very good story, one of which I really enjoy and get a lot of messages out of. Like the importance of hygiene, politeness and self confidence, and how to look after oneself. 

So yeah, that basically sums it up. I'll be back tomorrow with another update.