Sunday 31 December 2017

New Year's Eve - Happy New Year!


New Year's Eve. It's time to look back on what a year 2017 has been. I hope that your year was enjoyable and if it wasn't then we can always start again and look forward to what the future may bring.

Overall I think this year has gone quick, too quick by looks of things. It seems that life is starting to feel that much faster now, which is a bit scary but, live well, work hard, and you'll go far.

I think it's time to look back on 2017 and some of my highlights, though there have not been many, I can perhaps name a few which stand out amongst the others.

I turned 21 in January of 2017. That was great, I was spoilt rotten by family and friends, got lots of lovely birthday messages and nice presents, and a big party which was amazing.

Rope, which you may know, that had an amazing effect on me, the whole experience was just so joyous and memorable and funny, we all had such a laugh on that show, I developed and mastered new skills which I didn't even know I had, I worked hard and just loved working on that show.

Hairspray and Wizard of Oz, two of the best shows that I could have been apart of, not only were they both such fun to do, but I've learnt so many new things from all the people I've met on both of those shows, and just enjoyed being on those productions whilst they lasted and it just reminds me so much why I love doing what I do.

I graduated from University with a 2.1 and had a night out with my friends to celebrate, that was very special.

I left my job that I had since starting university in 2014, I left there after having worked there for three years and moved on to a new full time job.

I met John Barrowman, John Cleese, Matt Lucas and Jenny Ryan "The Vixen" from the chase, and very nearly met David Tennant, I was so close to him at the stage door at the Wyndams Theatre when I went to see him in Don Juan in Soho.

I did my first charity challenge, I cycled from London to Southend with my dad on behalf of the national autisitic society which was amazing, we raised well over £250 which was fantastic.

I made new friends. Three of the greatest new friends, all of which are amazing people and have helped me and changed me a lot throughout this year, and they've all made me happy in ways I never thought I could feel, which is an incredible feeling.

We had a good-ish year of Doctor Who and said goodbye to Peter Capaldi as much as we didn't want to and said Hello to Jodie Whitaker, the first female doctor.

I have so much to be thankful to 2017 for, true, I have had my ups and downs over this year as any normal person would have done, but I have had a good year and look forward to the future to have many more good years like this one, you never know what's round the corner.

I hope that whatever you're doing tonight, you're surrouned my friends, smiles and cuddles.

All the best to 2018!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!