Thursday 23 June 2016

The Vote















Hello. 

Last week, I did a post explaining my reasons as to why we should leave the EU. 

I won't go bragging on about this, that and the other. If you want to know my reasons for wanting to decide to leave then check out my post entitled "Why I think we should leave the EU".

Right now I can't stress the vital importance that anyone who is registered to vote, goes out and exercises their democratic right today. This isn't a general election, we can't go back and change the outcome of tonight's result in a few years' time, this is a very real and very final say on the course that we want to set our country on moving forward, during one of the most difficult and tumultuous political times of my short life thus far. Whatever the outcome, one thing is certain, the result will go down in history. 


I'm not going to try to bombard everyone taking the time to read this with numbers and figures and pointless rhetoric, the two campaigns have managed that splendidly themselves over the past weeks and months, but I would plead with each and every person reading this to go out and vote on the issues that really matter in this decision, not those that have been dictated to us by egocentric and self-serving individuals as the debate has slowly rumbled on.

In case anyone really cares, though I'm not sure anyone should, I will be voting to leave in the EU today, and that is not an 'unpatriotic' or 'wrong' choice. I just feel that we have the Remain group tell you that leaving would be such a bad thing, and I think well actually is it? Is it really such a bad thing that we should leave the EU? otherwise why would we be having a vote. Besides, the Vote Leave team have actually done a very decent job in arguing their point in my personal opinion. 

The Remain group's arguments seems to be a fear rant which is aimed at trying to attack or get at anyone who wishes to vote leave with harsh, narcissistic, personal comments. You just think, is this really necessary? You're going to dig at us for having an opinion? because we are not on your side, because we have a means of wanting to think of an alternative future? Is this not effectively bullying? 

All this hate, and I just think it really doesn't need to be like this. I mean everything which has happened with Jo Cox is a prime example of this. I do not hate anyone who wishes to stay in the EU. I respect for having an opinion which is your opinion which you are one hundred per cent entitled to.
I would therefore expect you to understand and respect my views for wanting to leave. And by any chance, the chances are we will end up staying in the EU. The reason I say this is because every country that has had the choice to vote in a referendum has voted to leave, and ALL OF THEM are still in.

The majority of people voting to remain are people who probably don't know life outside of the EU, therefore would wish to remain in where they feel comfortable because they are so used to it. To be fair, our country does rely on our trade with the EU and over 3 million British jobs are linked to our trade with the EU.

I completely understand why people would wish to remain in the EU. It could be considered as the brave choice to remain in the EU at this moment in time, whilst there is so much political turmoil found at every corner of the globe, and yes there is our togetherness, our solidarity, and our empathy, however for me it comes down to a preference of facts and opinion, the facts which I have looked up on the advantages and disadvantages of leaving. No case has its advantages without its disadvantages. 

It's not my place to tell you how to vote, and I won't do so, but please, place just place your vote for the right reasons today, because if you don't then it will be the majority making the decision for the majority. And we will all be living with the consequences one way or another for a long while to come.

Just don't be worried about today. I know it seems scary with the vote and everything, but "Things are never as bad as they seem". - Harper Lee.

Thank you.