Thursday 15 November 2018

DOCTOR WHO: Christmas Special and More!










DOCTOR WHO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL AND MORE

Hey everyone

Christmas is fast approaching and that can only mean one thing, the Doctor is back.

I'm very pleased with the way that Series Three of the Doctor Who Audio Adventures was received by many of the people who have listened to them, it's always nice to get positive feedback and hear your thoughts and to know that my stories are being enjoyed by fans and audio listeners alike. It puts me in a good and it really makes my day, so thank you.

But now we have to get down to business. The Christmas special this year is based off the Dr Seuss classic children's book "The Grinch that Stole Christmas" I love the movie with Jim Carrey, it's one of my favourite Christmas movies and I thought why not do a science fiction take on that, and see what would happen if the Doctor arrives in a world where everyone loves Christmas apart from one person who hates it and wishes it would go away.  Sort what similar to what they did on TV in "A Christmas Carol" with Matt Smith's doctor. The Doctor encounters a Scrooge-like character in the form of Kazran Sardick. Let's present the doctor with a problem of trying to persuade and allow this sulky creature to experience and open up to the joys of Christmas. Obviously, it won't be a copy of The Grinch, but there will be some strong similarities.

So that's that, the script for that is being written. That should be out just before Christmas day. So that will be a nice treat for my subscribers and to me as well. It's almost ready to be recorded.

Then after that, I have said that the Doctor Who Audio Adventures will be back in February 2019. What I want to do is do a mini-series of four specials, where you get a story each month over the spring into summer. So, one story in February, one in March, one in April, and one in May. 

Series Four of Audio adventures will be set to start at the end September/ beginning of October 2019, the series will consist of twelve episodes which will run up until December of 2019. So that will see Doctor Who Audio Adventures all the way through 2019. However; when Doctor Who returns in 2020. It won't be with me. 

I have decided to move on and stop being the Doctor, after the 2019 episodes. I have thoroughly enjoyed being the Doctor and playing this part, but I think now is a good time to stop, and give someone else a go and take the series into a whole new direction and open up a new universe of Doctor Who in my own fan zone. I'm expanding the series to a whole new level outside of the small boundaries I sent up when I first started in 2014. 

Which means I'm currently looking for a new doctor. 

It can be an actor or actress (I'm open to interpretation) aged between 18 and 45. I want someone who is a fun personality, who is energetic, someone who can really make the part their own and put their own stamp on it. 

So if you think you got what it takes to be a time lord or time lady, get in touch and let me know, I'd love to hear from you. 

I'm still intending to stay on the series as a writer, but after 2019, I will no longer be playing the main role of the Doctor. 

That's all I wanted to say. 

Hope you all have a good weekend, keep a look out for more updates and all the things coming up in the weeks to come.

Thanks! :)