Wednesday 23 August 2017

INJUSTICE 2 Fighter Pack 2 - My thoughts



Hi, everyone.

So, today we found out which three characters would be joining, Red Hood, Sub-Zero, and Starfire following the release of fighter pack one back in May of this year with fighter pack two.

I watched the trailer today, and now I know who we're going to be getting. Black Manta, Raiden, and Hellboy! I can now express my first thoughts on this news and what I think about it.

Black Manta - We knew that we were going to be getting him at some point, if not in this pack, definitely in fighter pack three, but we knew that we were going to be getting him because XBox leaked information that you could play as Black Manta in Injustice 2, so with that the cat was already out of the bag before it was even confirmed, plus his silhouette in the character selection menu gives you a big clue as to who it might be. I think it'll be nice to get another DC character in the game and have a rival for Aquaman.

Raiden - Lots of people are not happy that we're getting Raiden. I am! I love Raiden. I play him a lot playing Mortal Kombat X, he is an insane character who does copious amounts of damage and super cool lightning moves, one can only expect exceptional things from this character. I know that some people really didn't want another MKX character in this, and to them, I say 'fair enough' I understand your reasons, but it's not like a lesser character like Quan Chi from the MKX franchise was chosen, Raiden is very good and an integral part of the MKX world. And yes, Sub-Zero was really good but I think with Raiden and the moves which I hope Netherrealm are going to pass on from MKX will be great for me, playing him in Injustice 2. I'd love to do his power discharge move as that is a great move to do against zoners. I'm not overly keen on his costume, I don't like his mask that he is wearing, and I'm not sure why they didn't go with his dark variation as that's what I was looking forward to seeing, but the design and over physic of him looks very interesting. I'm very excited to see what epic gear we can get for him. And It'll be cool to do Raiden vs Black Adam too.

Hellboy - This is the one that most people are very happy with and excited about. For me, I don't know who he is. I know of his popularity and I do know that he is a very famous character that lots of people know about. I'm sure the actor who plays Hellboy, Ron Perlman, will be very humbled that Netherrealm has chosen Hellboy as a DLC character to guest star in their Injustice franchise. I did like his introduction in the trailer, he means business and that big hand is significant, I guess I'll find everything out once he becomes available to play in the game.

So out of those three, the character I am most looking forward to is Raiden, but I hope that Black Manta and Hellboy surprise me.

I'm overly happy with these three characters, no complaints from me, I think there's an interesting choice of diversity mixed within different worlds and different franchises coming together for gamers to enjoy. So there's just more of everything for everybody which is great.

These three will start becoming available in the Autumn of 2017. Game play for Black Manta official date I think is the 27th August 2018 and he'll be available as a playable character in September. So we won't have long to wait, and it's going to be fun to watch and see how they interact with all the other characters, what their gear's going to be like, their fighting skill and technique, colour schemes, all of those things and more. It's all part of the design to keep people interested in the game and keep playing it.

I look forward to more updates.

In the mean time everyone, stay tuned for me Injustice 2 posts!