Saturday 31 December 2016

2016 - A review of the year!


HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hello Everyone.

So as we come to the end of 2016, I've had a very good year. Have lots to be positive about and lots to be thankful for. 

Thought I might start off this review of the year by naming things which has happened to me each month of the year. So here goes:

January - I turned 20, saw Biggins in Aladdin at the Nottingham Theatre Royal, and worked on Eclipsed in the studio for the majority of the month whilst I was off Uni for twenty days. 

February - Coasting, not much happened. 

March - Handed in my Final Essay for Year 2, Went to see Matthew Perry's new play "The End of Longing" in London, Auditioned and got cast in two excellent shows, Mum's Birthday Bash!

April - Charlotte's Birthday, Filmed our final film for Year 2, I finished my second year at Uni, rehearsals for my two shows started, Cousin Katharine's graduation.  

May - went to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time in London's West End, Went to go and watch QI being filmed in London with my Dad, Met up with my friend Janice in Brighton, Twelfth Night with an all female cast. 

June - Went to Swindon Film and Comic Con and met Mark Labbett and Shaun Wallace from The Chase, did my first ever interview on live radio, voted in the EU referendum, The show run of Jumpers for Goalposts.

July - Bury family meet up, Oliver show! 7th - 9th July, Auditioned for Peter Pan in Radlett, The Chase in London - Part One, went to visit Madame Tussauds on a day out, London Film and Comic Con 2016, got back into gaming for the first time in years, Sophie's Birthday!

August - Summer break, got cast in Peter Pan : The Musical!, met up with my friend Gavin, had lunch with Charlotte, Charlotte and Sean's engagement party, went up to Bournemouth to see family and the red arrows display, Dad's Birthday, Granny Bury's Birthday. 

September - The Browning Version/ Black Comedy, The Chase in London Part Two!, Ashbridge for Alasdair's send off, returned to Uni for the final year.

October - Charlotte's Halloween Party!

November - Peter Pan : The Musical 17th - 19th November and Abigail's Party. 

December - Started working on Rope, The run-up to Christmas, Panto: Jack and the Beanstalk in Portsmouth, got to meet Anne Hegerty from The Chase! - She is my idol and one of the reasons why I'm inspired to want to be a good quizzer, Panto: Cinderella at the London Palladium with Gavin and Euan - one of the best nights out ever and the best panto I've seen EVER! (So Far!), Been in a film with Samantha Bond, BSC Meet up in London, Spending Christmas with the family, New Years. 

So all in all, with the unfortunate tragedies that have happened and so many famous faces that we have lost including:  David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Terry Wogan, Ronnie Corbett, Prince, George Michael and Carrie Fisher we can still look forward to the future with hope.

I've been lucky, I have had a very fortuitous and happy year. I've done lots as the time has gone by and I wouldn't change any of it. There maybe a few things I would change, but there are lots of things I wouldn't change and are happy with. 

I just want to say, hope your year was enjoyable, it was good and if it wasn't we can always start again and start fresh, so I hope whatever you're doing tonight you have a wonderful time, surrounded by friends, surrounded by cuddles and smiles, and you have a lovely time. Here's to 2017. Happy New Year!