Tuesday 15 January 2019

MK 11



Hey everyone, welcome to another Mortal Kombat post.

Today, I'm going to be talking about MK11, what my expectations are, characters I'd like to see, and just my own general thoughts on MK11. 

First of all, I should start off by saying that this looks amazing. NetherRealm Studios have really upped the game in terms of quality, programming, design, everything. The characters look more lifelike and from we've seen in the trailer the introduction of weapons is an interesting one and very bloody, the blood looks very realistic, and injuries that characters suffer look even more brutal and horrible than the last MK game.

The trailer was released a couple of weeks back and there was lots of hype which teased the discussion of what people's - gamers, and game fans alike expectations of this game were going to be. From the looks of things, it seems from the quality and the standard of what we saw in the trailer, MK11 looks to be exceptional.  In two days time, we will know what characters are actually going to be in the game on January 17th, that's this Thursday, there is going to be a gameplay and character reveal shown on Twitch. I'm sure lots of people will be excited and eager to find out who or what awaits them.

From the trailer, we can tell Scorpion, Raiden, and Shao Khan are in the game. But who else could be joining them? Sub Zero? Mileena? Ermac? I'm not a hundred percent sure, and I think what adding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into Injustice 2 meant is you can never be fully sure of what to expect, just encase something happens to throw you off and surprise you. One of those, "I didn't see that coming" moments.

I'd like to see Kitana in MK11, also Reptile, Liu Kang and Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Sindel, Rain, all of which are examples of characters from the MK franchise alone I'd like to see amongst others. I'd also think it might be cool for Netherrealm to add Batman or Superman from the DC universe. They probably won't do this, but they've added MK characters into Injustice 2, why not do that roles reversed. Put DC characters into the MK world. I think that would be quite a fun and interesting experiment.


Going back to the trailer, I think we can expect more blood in MK11 than we had in MKX, more graphic violence and the things in this I think are going to be gorier and worse. Bigger and better Fatalities. I think that would be a fun thing to have, make the fatalities, even more, nastier, Brutalities,
not sure about factions, better graphic design of how characters and backgrounds look and interact in the game. I shall look forward to that.

General thoughts are excitement. I am looking forward to seeing this game and playing it, and incidentally doing gameplay video series on it.

As well as that, I'd like to know how Shao Khan is in this game, even though in MKX he's dead.

It'll be interesting to hear more on this matter if and when more information gets released.