Monday 1 October 2018

October 2018, countdown to 2019!











October 2018, Three Months to Go! 

Hey everyone.

It's usually around the first of the month that I do a what's coming up post, a quick informative post which basically points out what things are going to be on my channel this month or this week.

There isn't one for October, simply because apart from gameplay videos, I haven't got that many projects on the go at the moment. I haven't really had much spare time these past few weeks to spend working on YouTube projects, basically, in August this year I made a decision to leave my current job, and spent the following three weeks applying to jobs online, sending out my CV's round to places and just doing what I could to try and find a new and suitable job for me, I managed to find one but I lost it shortly after getting it. I'm now back to the drawing board of trying to find a job that will last me till at least Christmas. 

But I've also got projects coming up in my ordinary day to day life, for example, I start my rehearsals for Wizard of Oz soon, and I'll be starting trying to get the word out on my social media to get people to come and see it. I've got all the stuff I've been working towards with Radio Verulam with regards to working towards getting my own show and training with myriad and getting to know the software, it's a lot to take in and I've been putting time into practicing. 

Also driving practice, yes, I am learning to drive, or I have been learning to drive for the past three years. Still, haven't passed my test, but it is bloody hard! Revising for it can be a bit of pain too because there's so much information that takes a strain on your brain and for someone like me, who doesn't find these sorts of things in that test interesting, my attention span when it comes to revising is poor. And I'm making up excuses, I know it will only work if I'm committed to putting the time in and I'm just not. At least not right now, I'm hoping to start revising again in November to take my test in December, so hopefully, I can pass it and I'll be driving in January! You only have to pass the test once and your set for life... or should be.

It's slack, it's laziness, and it's being busy which are the reasons why I haven't really been doing much with YouTube. I'm very happy with the Doctor Who Audio Adventures Series 3 and thanks to everyone who have listened to that and followed me up whilst that was going on. I hope to keep that project going. 

Gameplay videos are probably the only consistent thing that will be coming out at the moment, simply because all I have to do is record and upload, I don't have to go to all the hassle or faff with filming, editing, or recording / sound recording. Because as great as those things are and it is or can be an enjoyable process it is also exceptionally time-consuming and I have other things I want to do, I'm just becoming more and more busy with my work life and my social life. So, therefore, other things like YouTube have to go on the back burner. 

We're now coming into the last three months of the year, and I can't see anything really changing much over this time. I just don't want to make any promises and then not be able to follow them through. I do have some exciting things coming up for Christmas though which I'm very excited to upload in the lead up to Christmas and New Year. The Advent calendar is back and they'll be one for 2018. Just as they'll be a Doctor Who Audio Adventures Christmas Special, rather unlike the other Christmas stories that I've done in the past. 

It's rather strange to believe that we're now going into the last three months of the year, this is it up until Christmas, and then it's New Year, and then we're in 2019. 2018 is coming as quickly as it going.

But do stay posted for any new announcements. Just encase.