Thursday 16 January 2020

MK11: The Clown Is In Town - Joker | Arriving January 28th!















MORTAL KOMBAT 11: KOMBAT PACK 
JOKER - THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN ON JANUARY 28TH


The most anticipated moment of the year so far for MK11 fans has arrived, today we have the pleasure of having a first look at Joker in his reveal trailer. Some sadistic and fun things shown here in some of Joker's fighting techniques. 

What I think is fun for NetherRealm studios is that they can really go to town with this character and not hold back like in the Injustice games.

When I first found out that Joker would be joining the MK11 roster, I could only imagine what his fatel blow and fatalities would be like, and I've seen one of them in this trailer, I think it's fair to say that NetherRealm have not disappointed and I am super pleased with Joker's trailer.

Here's the link, 





As you can see, there is lots of fun and sadistic things they have included with this character, and this is just a showcase. As a new character coming to the game, there is still a lot more of Joker to explore.

I'll only go through a few of his moves that I found most impressive.

The first is his intro and outtro I found them to slick and characteristic, they have captivated Joker's psychopathic charm well, I found the intro we got in this trailer a nice nod and homage to the Oscar nominated Joker movie. The outtro was just classic Batman, sparks flying and a creepy grin on Joker's face.

The second was his throw grab, which lead to him punching his opponent with two big play catapult fists, I found this to be a playful move on NetherRealm's part as they've put something in that is characteristic of the evil clown and something which we will find fun about his character.

Thirdly, the combo move which leads into a crushing blow on Baraka's head. Joker's combo moves are brilliant from what I've seen so far. I'm hoping they've not made is zoning and combos too complex as that would take some of the enjoyment out of playing as him.

When it comes to his consumables, the things we can customise in the game, I think there will his knife and his cane, but I'm not what the third could be?.. anyone willing to hazard a guess?


The biggest shock that I got however from Joker's trailer was the bonuses and extra stuff that came with him. Basically, whenever a new character gets released in MK11 we also get  exclusive new skin sets with the character as a nice added bonus. Joker's bonus has to be the best yet, DC skins of characters in the game.

Including Killer Croc Baraka, Catwoman Kitana, Batman Who Laughs Noob Saibot, and best of all and the thing I was really not expecting Darkseid Geras! I am so pleased with these skins, they all look great, particularly Killer Croc Beraka, it looks gorgeous! I would play as Baraka more with that skin. That's what I think is great about these kind of unique and exclusive rewards it encourages players to play with certain characters.

I don't play a lot with Beraka, I will now I've seen that Killer Croc skin, even the new Revenant skins which are available now in Kombat League look great, I'd play to get all of them. And I would play as Sonya and Jax more as Revenants. 





Final thoughts on Joker at the moment, send in the clown. We don't have long to wait for him, he strikes me as a gamers guilty pleasure and a popular character amongst many generations who know of this character, fans of Batman and DC.

Wait a go NetherRealm, you've done a terrific job with this character, Joker doesn't disappoint.