Tuesday 27 December 2016

COMING SOON on DOCTOR WHO : The Ice Warriors!












IN 2017... THE ICE WARRIORS ARE COMING

The inhabitants of Colony 9 are about to make a most incredible discovery. A lost scavenger group of Ice Warriors. Natives of the planet Mars. A race of cold-blooded reptiles inside highly sophisticated space armor. 

This was always the plan to bring the Ice Warriors into my audio adventures at some point. 
There didn't seem to be a better opportunity to put them in quite frankly. I love the first Ice Warrior story so much, that I wanted to do something which was very similar to the roots of that. 

The Ice Warriors themselves have always been one of my favourite monsters. I favour them over many others and love the way they move, speak, look etc. The concept behind them is compelling, which was challenging for the designers who designed them because they had to come up with a new monster that at the time they hoped would be able to match the popularity of the Daleks and the cybermen. I think what makes successful monsters work is the effective notion of just wanting to look further and wanting more out of it, something which captivates the imagination, something that causes great threat, has certain sounds or mannerisms which stick out in the mind, has something which people will remember about it. If someone was to come up and ask me who are the five best doctor who monsters I would say : The Daleks, The Cybermen, The Ice Warriors, The Sontarans and The Weeping Angels. Simply because they tick all the boxes and have all the things I have just mentioned.

The Ice Warriors are back, and they mean business in the story I got coming up. So stay tuned.